People say that the world is like a book….. if you haven’t traveled, you’re still on the first page. And we tend to agree!
Travel can provide us with more knowledge than an encyclopedia and more adventures than Gulliver’s Travels. But travel isn’t always as easy as it seems. You can’t just pack your bags, blindly choose a direction and head off into the sunset… that is, until Headout came along.
Headout.com is a travel booking website that has an extensive list of activities, tours, tickets and excursions that you can book all around the world. They also have an easy to use website and an app that can be downloaded on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for taking your travels on the go.
You no longer have to stress for weeks in advance about what you’re going to do on your next vacation. Simply head out and enjoy the experience.
The Ins and Outs
When it comes to booking travel online a lot people can still be quite skeptical. People are worried about getting scammed, or pressing ‘book’ and then next minute having to make repayments on a new timeshare they accidentally purchased.
But as technology advances, and we start to become more comfortable with online travel purchases, we’re seeing some amazing advancements to websites and app that are enabling a much safer and easier way to book travel. And thankfully for you, you’ll find that the booking process with Headout is just as safe and easy.
First things first, go on to their website or download the mobile app and create an account. We recommend the mobile app, because it’s great to take on the go, but if you find it easier to browse on a bigger screen, check out their website. Once you have an account you can save your card details, trip details, and view and manage your tickets there.
Now that you’ve got an account it’s as easy as searching where you want to travel and seeing what type of tickets pop up. For example, if you’re headed to San Francisco and wanted to explore Alcatraz. All you have to do is search the city or experience, select the activity and Headout will show you date options, inclusions, exclusions and reviews.
Once you’ve paid, from inputing your payment details or the pre-saved details, you’ll receive a confirmation email to confirm the booking. The tickets will then show up as electronic copies in the mobile app or in your inbox. This is great because you don’t have to worry about losing the physical tickets. Simply show your ticket code at the entrance to the chosen activity and let the adventure begin!
Headout’s Customer Service
Ever since the outbreak of the Covid pandemic in 2020, travel has been one big question mark – especially the hassle of canceling reservations. It’s always nerve-racking wondering if you’ll actually get a refund or if you’ll be out of luck on a trip canceled due to COVID. Rest assured if you using Headout, you don’t have to give this a second thought.
Headout’s customer service is above and beyond. You can contact them via email or you can talk to someone from their 24-hour support team on their website’s live chat option. They typically respond within minutes of your chat request – it took someone less than 5-minutes to chat to me.
Headout’s Cancellation Policy
With Headout, you can cancel your tour in full and either receive a credit that can be cashed in on their website for an alternative tour, or you can receive the original payment back.
You can receive a full refund if the booking was made after 1 April 2020 if:
- The venue is closed
- Reservation is under the cancelation policy (so make sure you check if your tour falls under the cancelation policy first)
- Entry was denied due to capacity restrictions
- Tour operator confirms a refund
There are also situations where partial refunds of the tour price in Headout credits are awarded:
- If you test positive for Covid then you are entitled to a 50% refund in credits, but you have to show a valid test.
- If you are forced to do a mandatory quarantine due to government regulations, a 20% refund is rewarded in credits.
- If you are unable to visit the venue due to government restrictions, you will be entitled to a 20% refund in credits.
- If you have any flight or visa cancelations or issues, you can email email@example.com with a screenshot of your cancelation message and you will receive a 20% refund in Headout credits.
Best San Francisco Experiences on Headout
Planning a trip to our favorite city by the Bay? Headout has several different options when it comes to booking experiences and tours in San Francisco. They offer tours and attraction tickets, including tours to Alcatraz Island.
The Alcatraz Island tours are perfect for history buffs who want to explore the infamous cells made famous by the movie, ‘The Rock’. Walk the same halls as American crime legends like Al Capone and Frank Morris.
Headout also bundles tours so you can experience a few places at once. Here are a few different options for tours from San Francisco that include Alcatraz:
- Golden Gate & Alcatraz Island Cruise
- Napa Valley Wine Country & Alcatraz Multi-day Tour (Wine & history tour? Yes please!)
- Muir Woods & Sausalito with Alcatraz Tour
- San Francisco City with Alcatraz & San Francisco Dungeon tour
- San Francisco City Bus Tour With Alcatraz tour
If old prisons aren’t your thing, they are plenty of other unique tours that you can purchase from Headout’s website or the mobile app:
- Muir Woods & Wine Country Coach Tour
- San Francisco Helicopter & Sausalito Lunch Tour
- San Francisco & Sausalito Bike Tour
- North Beach Food Tour
- Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Bike Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito Tour & Golden Gate Bay Cruise
- San Francisco City, Muir Woods & Sausalito Bus Tour
- Muir Woods and San Francisco City Tour
There are also city based tickets that help you skip the lines at these places and normally offer discounts on the prices too. San Francisco Attraction Tickets are mainly for visiting popular sites in the city like:
- Skip the line California Academy of Sciences Admission Tickets
- San Francisco Exploratorium Admission Tickets (If you have kids, or even if you don’t, we highly recommend the super fun and interactive Exploratorium!)
- The de Young Museum & Legion of Honor Admission Tickets
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Arts Entry Tickets
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Entry Tickets
- San Francisco Zoo Tickets
- Aquarium of the Bay
Is Headout a Reliable Site?
Yes, Headout is legitimate and a reliable website to use for activity bookings in the San Francisco Bay Area and many other parts of the world.
They offer a fast and efficient way to book tickets for activities in and around cities. Skip lines to famous spots, book tours with multiple tour operators, and don’t worry about losing your tickets because it’s all stored on the mobile app or in your email!
These tours are the best of the best, so head out right now and book yourself something to do in the city we’re lucky enough to call home, San Francisco.